I have recently completed an extensive analysis on girlfriend sleepovers and more specifically an analysis on girl-on-girl pillow fights. After months of case studies, surveys, interviews, sleepovers, and focus groups- a few conclusions have become obvious:
- Playful pillow fights actually happen between girlfriends
- Girlfriends like to take trips together and usually those trips involve a tropical beach where they are soaking up the sun and drinking mojito's out of glasses with little tiki umbrellas and churros in bed decorated with chocolate, mango, and strawberries. They also probably will share a King-sized bed together to a) spend more time together and b) cut down on the cost of separate rooms
- Pillows are mostly used as a sleep accessory, although they can sometimes be used for back support, decor, and the occasional playful pillow fight
- Feather pillows make better pillows for the pillow fights
- When the number of girls increase during a sleepover, the pillow fights last longer and are more fun (i.e., Mel’s bachelorette party circa Halloween 2016).
Some of these conclusions are not surprising given how girls really do like to have fun. Post-pillow fight and we’re at breakfast with my towel wrapped in my hair, wearing a vintage stripe towel cover-up dress. Eating everything in our line of sight after our 3-mile morning walk, we devoured breakfast before heading out to surf.