None of my content at Coco Zaza is hedged, so I am subject to the volatility of the market for sourcing my posts. Unfortunately, I just cannot be your typical fashion blogger that discusses fashion or what I am doing, on every single post.
- There is really only so much you can say about fashion, until you are clearly being repetitive. For instance, how much more can I talk about my love for black? I've discussed it already here and here. I don't believe there is much more to be said. If you can think of anything that I have left out, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- My day-to-day life isn't really that interesting; I mainly sit at a coffee shop or on an airplane creating decks, updating my Salesforce, talking to my colleagues on G-Chat and then sometimes, only sometimes, I will get in front of clients if they are hungry. I work insane hours and usually depending on what has priority, I stay up until the odd hours of the night to get it done. I also split my spare time working on Coco Zaza, The Happiness Assembly and, UN-Habitat's Global Youth Fund. For fun- who doesn't like FUN! I travel. I travel a lot. I love countries and I love my friends. If I can merge the two, even better! I also spend a great deal of time sending my friends text messages of things that randomly come into my mind, that I've heard are somewhat funny.
With that being said, I am optimistic that these trends will improve in 2015 and the market will offer us news on a platter and you, as my dedicated reader, will be provided with some juicy content that is both:
- Compelling- as many of my favorite topics are about to take a huge turn of events in the coming months
- Different than you will see on a normal fashion blog [not to say that there is anything wrong with fashion blogs]
Q1'15 starts at the beginning of January and ends on March 31st, 2015, so there is still some reason to be optimistic for a boost in:
- Learning about a topic that you probably have zero interest in knowing anything about, but one that I seem to love, therefore will write about
- Dividend and revenue growth- even though I don't offer my subscribers dividends and I don't make any revenue off of my blog
- An acceleration in subscribers- this one is key; best to focus on this and exploit it as much as possible
My slogan for this coming quarter is: "Work hard. Be nice". Working hard is naturally in my bones and it's a requirement for my startup. We have to work hard or we don't deserve to be there, and we have to work hard or we die. I've also realized that if I am not nice, I will lose subscribers and this is not a good thing. I'm working on it, but sometimes it's really difficult for me. [Kidding... or am I?]